|Historical Storm Tracks|
Storm tracks are available for the period 1950-2006 on a seasonal basis. Plots can be generated for storm tracks only, storm frequency, and storm tracks with various atmospheric fields included. Select the year, season, and plot of interest and click the submit button. The new plot will be displayed in a new window.
1. Storm Tracks Only: Seasonal storm tracks are color coded for intensity with weaker storms in black, purple and stronger storms in orange and red.
2. Storm Frequency: The total number of storms (closed circulation centers binned into 5 x 5 degree grid boxes) during the season. A storm is only counted once for a given grid box and to be counted the storm must have lasted for at least 24 hours.
3. Tracks/Total Precipitation: Seasonal storm tracks with seasonal total precipitation (mm)
4. Tracks/925 hPa Wind: Seasonal storm tracks with seasonal mean 925 hPa anomalous wind vectors and magnitude (m/s, shaded)
5. Tracks/500 hPa Height: Seasonal storm tracks with seasonal mean 500 hPa height anomalies (m)
6. Tracks/200 hPa Wind: Seasonal storm tracks with seasonal mean 200 hPa anomalous wind vectors and magnitude (m/s, shaded)
|Alaska Storm Tracks|