Skip Navigation Links www.nws.noaa.gov 
NOAA logo - Click to go to the NOAA home page National Weather Service   NWS logo - Click to go to the NWS home page
Climate Prediction Center
 
 

CPC Search
Text-Format Discussions
   Prognostic
   Discussion


Graphics & Maps
   6-10 day Forecast for the 48 Contiguous States
   Surface Fcst
     Skill

Related Products
   8-14 Day Hawaiian Outlooks
About Us
   Our Mission
   Who We Are

Contact Us
   CPC Information
   CPC Web Team

6-10 Day outlooks are issued daily between 3pm & 4pm Eastern Time. All forecasts issued on weekends are completely automated while all weekday outlooks are modified by the forecaster.
 
Please refer to the U.S. Prognostic Discussion for an explanation of terms and symbols used on these maps.


 
HOME> Outlook Maps> 6-10 Day Outlooks
 
6 to 10 Day Hawaiian Outlooks
Valid: Jul 31, 2014 - Aug 04, 2014
Issued: Jul 25, 2014

6 to 10 Day Outlook - Upper Air
Upper Air Forecast: 500mb Heights (green) & Standardized Anomalies (red & blue)
6 to 10 Day Outlook - Temperature and Precipitation
Surface Forecast: Station Temperature (red) in F and
Precipitation (green) in hundreths of an inch
with observed 5-day mean SST (dashed black lines),
SST anomalies (filled), and winds (arrows)
 
For Lihue, the forecast is calling for a mean temperature of 79.69F. There is a 0.00% chance of the 5-day mean temperature being in the below normal category, a 16.67% chance of the temperature falling into the near normal category, and a 83.33% chance of the temperature being in the above normal category. The climatological normal temperature for Lihue is 79.02F and both categorical thresholds are 0.49 degrees F away from the mean.
For precipitation, the ensemble median forecast is for 0.66 inches of rain. There is a 4.8% chance of below normal precipitation, a 38.1% chance of near normal precipitation, and a 57.1% chance of above normal precipitation for this period.

For Honolulu, the forecast is calling for a mean temperature of 82.32F. There is a 0.00% chance of the 5-day mean temperature being in the below normal category, a 0.00% chance of the temperature falling into the near normal category, and a 100.00% chance of the temperature being in the above normal category. The climatological normal temperature for Honolulu is 80.93F and both categorical thresholds are 0.43 degrees F away from the mean.
For precipitation, the ensemble median forecast is for 0.54 inches of rain. There is a 0.0% chance of below normal precipitation, a 15.5% chance of near normal precipitation, and a 84.5% chance of above normal precipitation for this period.

For Kahului, the forecast is calling for a mean temperature of 81.02F. There is a 0.00% chance of the 5-day mean temperature being in the below normal category, a 0.00% chance of the temperature falling into the near normal category, and a 100.00% chance of the temperature being in the above normal category. The climatological normal temperature for Kahului is 78.98F and both categorical thresholds are 0.62 degrees F away from the mean.
For precipitation, the ensemble median forecast is for 0.61 inches of rain. There is a 45.2% chance of below normal precipitation, a 11.9% chance of near normal precipitation, and a 42.9% chance of above normal precipitation for this period.

For Hilo, the forecast is calling for a mean temperature of 75.93F. There is a 0.00% chance of the 5-day mean temperature being in the below normal category, a 95.24% chance of the temperature falling into the near normal category, and a 4.76% chance of the temperature being in the above normal category. The climatological normal temperature for Hilo is 75.69F and both categorical thresholds are 0.72 degrees F away from the mean.
For precipitation, the ensemble median forecast is for 5.36 inches of rain. There is a 0.0% chance of below normal precipitation, a 4.8% chance of near normal precipitation, and a 95.2% chance of above normal precipitation for this period.

Related Topics:
Prognostic Discussion, 6-10 day Forecast for the 48 Contiguous States, Time Series of Surface Forecast Skill, Model Guidance Used, 8 to 14 Day Hawaiian Outlook, Our Mission, Who We Are, CPC Information, CPC Web Team
 

NOAA/ National Weather Service
National Centers for Environmental Prediction
Climate Prediction Center
5830 University Research Court
College Park, Maryland 20740
Climate Prediction Center Web Team
Page last modified: Jun 12, 2005
Disclaimer Privacy Policy