Skip Navigation Links www.nws.noaa.gov 
NOAA logo - Click to go to the NOAA home page National Weather Service   NWS logo - Click to go to the NWS home page
Climate Prediction Center
 
 

CPC Search
Text-Format Discussions
   Prognostic
   Discussion


Graphics & Maps
   6-10 day Forecast for the 48 Contiguous States
   Surface Fcst
     Skill

Related Products
   6-10 Day Hawaiian Outlooks
About Us
   Our Mission
   Who We Are

Contact Us
   CPC Information
   CPC Web Team

6-10 Day outlooks are issued daily between 3pm & 4pm Eastern Time. All forecasts issued on weekends are completely automated while all weekday outlooks are modified by the forecaster.
 
Please refer to the U.S. Prognostic Discussion for an explanation of terms and symbols used on these maps.



 
HOME> Outlook Maps> 8-14 Day Outlooks
 
8 to 14 Day Hawaiian Outlooks
Valid: Sep 06, 2014 - Sep 12, 2014
Issued: Aug 29, 2014

8 to 14 Day Outlook - Upper Air
Upper Air Forecast: 500mb Heights (green) & Standardized Anomalies (red & blue)
8 to 14 Day Outlook - Temperature and Precipitation
Surface Forecast: Station Temperature (red) in F and
Precipitation (green) in hundreths of an inch
with observed 5-day mean SST (dashed black lines),
SST anomalies (filled), and winds (arrows)
 
For Lihue, the forecast is calling for a mean temperature of 79.93F. There is a 0.00% chance of the 7-day mean temperature being in the below normal category, a 2.38% chance of it being in the near normal category, and a 97.62% chance of it being in the above normal category.
For precipitation, the ensemble median forecast is for 0.58 inches of rain. There is a 56.0% chance of below normal precipitation, a 16.7% chance of near normal precipitation, and a 27.4% chance of above normal precipitation for this period.

For Honolulu, the forecast is calling for a mean temperature of 82.62F. There is a 0.00% chance of the 7-day mean temperature being in the below normal category, a 0.00% chance of it being in the near normal category, and a 100.00% chance of it being in the above normal category.
For precipitation, the ensemble median forecast is for 0.11 inches of rain. There is a 85.7% chance of below normal precipitation, a 13.1% chance of near normal precipitation, and a 1.2% chance of above normal precipitation for this period.

For Kahului, the forecast is calling for a mean temperature of 80.51F. There is a 0.00% chance of the 7-day mean temperature being in the below normal category, a 0.00% chance of it being in the near normal category, and a 100.00% chance of it being in the above normal category.
For precipitation, the ensemble median forecast is for 0.09 inches of rain. There is a 0.0% chance of below normal precipitation, a 97.6% chance of near normal precipitation, and a 2.4% chance of above normal precipitation for this period.

For Hilo, the forecast is calling for a mean temperature of 77.29F. There is a 0.00% chance of the 7-day mean temperature being in the below normal category, a 0.00% chance of it being in the near normal category, and a 100.00% chance of it being in the above normal category.
For precipitation, the ensemble median forecast is for 2.79 inches of rain. There is a 20.2% chance of below normal precipitation, a 2.4% chance of near normal precipitation, and a 77.4% chance of above normal precipitation for this period.

Related Topics:
Prognostic Discussion, 6-10 day Forecast for the 48 Contiguous States, Time Series of Surface Forecast Skill, Model Guidance Used, 6 to 10 Day Hawaiian Outlook, Our Mission, Who We Are, CPC Information, CPC Web Team
 

NOAA/ National Weather Service
National Centers for Environmental Prediction
Climate Prediction Center
5830 University Research Court
College Park, Maryland 20740
Climate Prediction Center Web Team
Page last modified: Jun 12, 2005
Disclaimer Privacy Policy