HOME> Expert Assessments>Hazards Outlook
U.S. Hazards Outlook - Made October 20, 2014
|Categorical Outlooks||Day 3-7||Day 8-14 |
|8-14 Day Probabilistic Outlooks||Temperature Hazards||Precipitation Hazards|
Valid Thursday October 23, 2014 to Monday November 03, 2014
US Hazards Outlook
NWS Climate Prediction Center College Park MD
EDT October 20 2014Synopsis
: To be updated.
Detailed Summary For Thursday
October 23 - Monday October 27:
- Heavy rain for New England, Thu-Fri, Oct 23-24.
- Heavy rain in extreme southern Florida, Thu-Fri, Oct 23-24.
- Heavy rain along the West Coast from Northern California to the Canadian
border as well as in northern Idaho, Thu-Fri, Oct 23-24.
- Heavy rain for the immediate northwest coast of Washington State, Thu-Sun,
- High winds across the Northeast, Thu-Fri, Oct 23-24.
- High winds for the Seward Peninsula, most of Kotzebue and Norton Sounds,
and St. Lawrence Island, Fri, Oct 24.
- Significant waves for areas around the Seward Peninsula and Kotzebue Sound,
Fri, Oct 24.
- Severe drought for the Central and Southern Great Plains, Southwest,
Southeast, Pacific Northwest, Great Basin, and California.
To be updated. For Tuesday October 28 - Monday
To be updated.
Forecaster: Kenneth Pelman
Click here to see a display of the GFS Ensemble Forecasts
Please consult local NWS Forecast Offices for short range forecasts and region-specific information.