U.S. Hazards Outlook - Made
Jan 01, 1970
|Day 3-7 Outlook||Day 8-14 Outlook
Valid Thursday, February 28, 2019 to Monday, March 11, 2019
Summary of Forecasts and Hazards
US Hazards Outlook
NWS Climate Prediction Center College Park MD
EST January 15 2021Synopsis
: Mid-level low pressure remains
favored to develop across the western portion of the lower 48 to sustain an
elevated risk of potentially hazardous below normal temperatures, heavy
precipitation, and high elevation snow during week-2. Developing mid-level low
pressure is favored to potentially bring much below average temperatures over
portions of the eastern U.S. late in the outlook period. Offshore flow forecast
is likely to bring below-normal precipitation over southern Mainland Alaska and
the Panhandle. Hazards
- Moderate risk of much below
normal temperatures across parts of the Pacific Northwest, Northern
Intermountain, and Northern Rockies, Sat-Sun, Jan 23-24.
- Slight risk of much below normal temperatures across parts of the Pacific
Northwest, the Great Basin, Rockies, and the Great Plains, Sat-Wed, Jan 23-27.
- Slight risk of much below normal temperatures across parts of the Lower
Mississippi and Tennessee Valley, the Southern Appalachians, the Mid-Atlantic,
and the Southeast, Wed-Fri, Jan 27-29.
- Moderate risk of heavy precipitation for northern California, Mon-Wed, Jan
- Slight risk of heavy precipitation for parts of California and southern
Oregon, Sat-Fri, Jan 23-29.
- Moderate risk of heavy snow for the higher elevations of the Sierra Nevadas
of northern California, Mon-Wed, Jan 25-27.
- Slight risk of heavy snow for the higher elevations of the Sierra Nevadas
and the Cascades, Sat-Fri, Jan 23-29.
- Slight risk of heavy snow for the higher elevations of northern Arizona and
southern Utah, Sat-Mon, Jan 23-25.
- Slight risk of high winds over portions of the Great Basin, Southwest, and
Southern Rockies, Sat-Mon, Jan 23-25.
For Monday January 18 - Friday January 22: WPC Days 3-7 U.S.
Hazards For Saturday January 23 - Friday
Forecaster: Nick Novella
Click here to see a display of the GFS Ensemble Forecasts
Please consult local NWS Forecast Offices for short range forecasts and region-specific information.